The TV team at Mi9 are a high-performing group of developers, designers, and product managers building the next generation of online TV in Australia. Our users are passionate about TV, and we’re passionate about creating new ways for them to connect and engage with their favourite Channel Nine shows. We are looking for an enthusiastic and talented Android developer to help grow our 9Jumpin Android application.
- You’ll use your technical expertise and creativity to assist in building and maintaining our 9Jumpin Android app.
- You’ll work closely with product owners and designers to deliver the best results utilising the latest agile practices and modern development techniques.
- You’ll enjoy solving problems and researching new technologies and techniques to continuously improve our systems and processes.
- You’ll get to work on a high-profile app with a long roadmap for future development.
Requirements & Experience
- 2+ years of experience working with Java to build native Android apps (please tell us what you've built!)
- Experience with Android media framework, specifically video playback and ideally dealing with 3rd party video players
- A strong understanding of the Android Activity/Fragment lifecycle and of creating custom views
- Experience with common 3rd party Android libraries
- Experience with Android Studio and Gradle
- Experience with Android unit/integration testing frameworks
- Experience with an Automated test framework such as Appium
- Hands on experience with the traps of deploying to many Android devices, not just the one you test with
The ideal candidate will also have:
- Enquiring mind with the ability to research, question and think outside the box
- Good communication skills with both technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Passion for learning new languages and frameworks and advocating for change
- Appreciation for user experience and good design in consumer applications
- Commitment to quality and a thorough approach to the work
- Appreciation for the business objectives of our platform and projects
Please apply here.
We have an exciting opportunity for an extremely-bright person & passionate Web Developer - Analyst Programmer, who would enjoy working at a well established Melbourne based Australian software company.
You are confident in your abilities to perform as a developer and also contribute in further product enhancement development.
You have excellent working knowledge of web technologies and a good experience with Angular/AngularJS and be able to work with other technologies and tools.
You also have a get up and go attitude - you are self motivated, passionate for excellent customer services, and capable of working autonomously or in a team.
You are very thorough, committed, and deliver on your promises, and you also do all that with a great sense of humour.
Please apply here.
Dialog has a requirement for a Java developer to work on diverse project initiatives for our clients based in CBD.
If you can demonstrate all of the following essential capabilities and a range of the desirable capabilities Dialog would like to hear from you.
- Must be a self-starter
- Java Web application and web services design and development (7+ years):
- Java (JDK 1.7)
- Hibernate, Spring
- Apache Tomcat
- Experience with GIS systems
- A high level of professionalism with excellent business communication and leadership skills
Highly Desirable Capabilities
Specific GIS experience:
- Open Layers
- Oracle Spatial/Locator (11g)
Java development experience:
- Apache Tomcat
- Apache Maven
- Apache Subversion (SVN)
Dialog offers career development through diverse projects, training and mentoring in a team environment.
Join our team of professional, enthusiastic and experienced consultants, where communication, learning and knowledge sharing are prized. We offer an excellent benefits package.
Dialog is an equal opportunity employer.
Applicants should be Australian or NZ citizens or Australian permanent residents.
Please apply here.
A Conference & Events (C&E) Sales Administrator with Hilton Hotels and Resorts will support sales administration needs for hotel events and work closely with customers to determine their needs and build repeat and expanded business.
What will it be like to work for this Hilton Brand?
One of the most recognized names in the industry, Hilton Hotels & Resorts offers travelers a world of authentic experiences. The brand continues to be the innovative, forward-thinking global leader of hospitality. With products and services that meet the needs of tomorrow's savvy global travelers, we shape experiences in which every Guest feels cared for, valued, and respected.
If you understand the importance of upholding a brandﾒs reputation and value the effort it takes to provide a globally recognized hospitality experience, you may be just the person we are looking for to work as a Team Member with Hilton Hotels & Resorts. Because itﾒs with Hilton Hotels & Resorts where we promise an exceptional Guest experience every time.
What will I be doing?
As C&E Sales Administrator, you will support sales administration needs for hotel events and work closely with customers to determine their needs and build repeat and expanded business. The C&E Sales Administrator will also work closely with the Sales function to contribute to strategy and promotional activities. Specifically, a C&E Sales Administrator will perform the following tasks to the highest standards:
Maximize rooms, groups, conference and events revenue through pro-active selling and commercial management techniques
Convert customer enquiries into confirmed sales
Contribute to the strategy and planning activities of the Sales function
Develop future and repeat business, contributing to the profitability of the Hotel
Handle all customer enquiries with a professional telephone manner and demonstrate high standards of customer service
Develop and expand current existing accounts, focusing on achieving repeat business and upselling opportunities
Seek proactive opportunities to increase sales and conversions within the Team
Focus on a consistently executed up-selling approach
Build strong relationships with customers to fully understand their needs
Arrange and carry out Hotel show rounds
Ensure the complete administration and execution of all planned events
Participate in hotel promotional activities
What are we looking for?
A C&E Sales Administrator serving Hilton Worldwide Brand hotels and vacations are always working on behalf of our Guests and working with other Team Members. To successfully fill this role, you should maintain the attitude, behaviors, skills, and values that follow:
Good organisational and administration skills
Positive attitude and good communication skills
Commitment to delivering a high level of customer service
Confident telephone manner
High level of IT skills
Excellent grooming standards
Demonstrated previous experience working in the Conference & Events function, a plus
What benefits will I receive?
Your benefits will include a competitive starting salary and holiday entitlement. As an employee you will become a member of the The Hilton Club which provides reduced hotel room rates in our hotels worldwide, plus discounts on products and services offered by Hilton Worldwide and its partners. We look forward to explaining in detail the range of excellent benefits that you would expect from a global hotel organization like Hilton Worldwide.which provides reduced hotel room rates in our hotels worldwide, plus discounts on products and services offered by Hilton Worldwide and its partners. We look forward to explaining in detail the range of excellent benefits that you would expect from a global hotel organization like Hilton Worldwide.
Learn more now about Hilton Hotels & Resorts --- the global leader of hospitality.
- More than 500 locations and nearly 200,000 rooms across six continents
- Innovations include: pioneering the airport hotel concept, becoming the first coast-to-coast hotel chain in the US, and the first to install televisions in Guestrooms
- Flagship brand of Hilton Worldwide with properties in more than 77 countries
- More than 70 world-class resorts and more nearly 200 full-service spas
- Harris Poll EquiTrendﾮ, Brand of the Year - Full Service Hotel for 2010 and 2011
- Number one global brand awareness in the hospitality industry
Please apply here.
Gain valuable experience in the hands-on management of sporting events! Work with a leading corporate sports event company. Part-time and full-time unpaid internships available now!! We are also seeking people interested in events marketing. We are seeking 2 days per week, generally consecutive days.
You will be assisting our team with:
- Venue Managment
- Coordination of regular sports competitions
- Creating draws, arranging referees
- Sales & marketing
- Database managment
- Office skills - emailing clients, answering phones
- Updating social media and our website
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org and give a brief outline of why you are seeking an internship and your availability.
Sydney Film School are seeking an Events Intern to work in their Marketing and Communications team for a 3 month internship. The position is available immediately.
This role reports to the Marketing and Communications Manager. The role includes the planning, development and delivery of all aspects of student recruitment and film-related events run by SFS. We run a series of events throughout the year.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, confident and professional person who is up for a challenge, ideally with some prior experience in an events operations environment.
The successful applicant will be looking for a career in event management, have a degree in Marketing with good grades and be a team player with a can-do attitude.
For this Role you will possess:
· - A gregarious and friendly personality
· - Confidence when presenting to a group of people
· - An ability to work well in a team environment
· - An exceptional ability to multi-task and to meet deadlines
· - Proficiency in MS Office Excel, Word and PowerPoint
· - Exceptional attention to detail and accuracy
· - Excellent levels of both written and verbal communication skills
· - Strong communication, negotiation and administration skills required when dealing with clients and venues.
The internship hours are flexible and due to the nature of the Event role, some after hours and weekend work may be required.
For more information on this role, please contact Stephanie Gal on 9698 2244.
To apply, please email your resume and academic record along with a cover letter to email@example.com.
Fairfax Media is one of Australia's largest and most diversified media businesses. As part of Fairfax Media, Fairfax Events produces an expanding calendar of agriculture, business, culture, entertainment, food, wine and sporting events, attracting over a million participants each year. Since 1971, Fairfax Events has partnered with key stakeholders to deliver world class, mass participation experiences, providing significant social and economic impact to local communities. Fairfax Events has been identified as a key growth area with expansion of existing and new events targeting over $100m in revenue per year and $100m for charity in the next 3-5 years.
We are looking for an intern with a passion for food to join our events team. This is a fantastic opportunity for anyone currently studying and looking to expand their knowledge and grow their skills in event coordination within the food arena. The ideal candidate would have:
· The ability to work in a team and also autonomously
· Strong communication skills
· Have good attention to detail
· Hardworking and a quick learner
· The ability to prioritise and time manage
· Be super organised
· Have great problem solving skills
· Have a passion for all things food and wine
· Be comfortable with liaising with restaurants on the phone
· A knowledge of the Queensland food scene is a definite advantage
This is an excellent opportunity to become part of our talented and committed events team and have your stamp on these significant and landmark events! If this sounds like the career opportunity for you then we request a written cover letter addressing your experience and abilities in the above area and availability Mon-Fri (no longer than 1 page) along with a CV to be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org by April 13.
ITS PARTY TIME!!!
Auditions are now open for Party Enthusiasts at Willows, Townsville.
We are all about bringing fun and excitement to our customers lives. BIG W Party Stores is a new and exciting venture for the BIG W business to make it easy for families to live better! You can be a part of this!!
We have the opportunity to be a part of our customers most special moments by making their parties and events the best they can be, leaving a lasting impact. We want you to unleash your creativity, have fun and win as a team.
Your day may consist of:
- Engaging with customers and selling them experiences
- Planning and preparing for seasonal events
- Drive continuous improvement and growth in the Party space
- Maintaining store presentation standards and filling of stock
- Processing sales and cash handling
- Inspiring and motivating a small team
- Stock management which may include placing orders
- Managing the order process and diary
- Taking customer orders
- Creating balloon arrangements
We will give you:
- The opportunity to support a small group of like minded Party Enthusiasts
- The space to showcase your customer sales skills
- A creative licence
- Future career opportunities in one of Australia’s largest retail business’
- Woolworths Limited staff discount and attractive industry pay rates
Roles offered to successful candidates depending on the Business requirements, may be Full Time, Permanent Part Time, or casual positions
Please apply here.
As the Programs and Events Officer you will assist in the coordination of programs and events in consultation with the Manager and Director, Program and Events. The Programs and Events Officer reports to the Director, Programs and Events Unit, Community Engagement and Partnerships Branch, Office of the Director-General.
You will have responsibility for leading the following activities and delivery of the following key tasks:
- Assist in the dissemination of project and event information to departmental staff and members of the public.
- Consult with schools, regions, Boards and key internal and external stakeholders and liaise with project officers and management to plan creative strategies for programs and events.
- Undertake specific communications tasks, including media release preparation and distribution, promotional launches, displays and other special events.
- Source external suppliers and action the associated purchasing and payment processes.
- Consult with departmental clients and external agencies to plan creative strategies for special events and programs.
- Assist with and prepare briefings and Ministerial correspondence for the Director, Programs and Events as directed.
- Implement efficient and effective, client focused service delivery.
- Establish and maintain professional relationships with staff and external clients to ensure the success of the department’s programs and events.
Applicants are to submit a brief resume; contact details for 2 referees (one of whom should be your current supervisor); and a maximum 2 page written response outlining your suitability for the role referring to the key capabilities under “How you will be assessed”.
Applications from recruitment agencies will not be accepted.
Please apply here.
About the job
We are currently seeking a number of highly capable customer servicestaff to join our events team to work the 4 days of the 2014 Melbourne CupCarnival at Flemington.
The Event Staff of the Victoria Racing Club (VRC) are renowned for their exceptional customer service, professionalism and courtesy. Their role contributes to a memorable Melbourne Cup Carnival experience for all our patrons. In this position you will provide quality support, assistance and advice to all visitors attending Flemington Racecourse in accordance with the high service expectations of the Club in a friendly, supportive andunderstanding manner.
Main responsibilities include:
- Delivering a quality level of customer service to all customer segments attending Flemington race meetings in accordance with the Clubs high service standards and expectations.
- Present a high standard of presentation in accordance with dress standards policy.
- Address customer enquiries in a friendly, efficient and, professional manner – demonstrate a level of empathy and understanding to the client’s needs.
- Work as part of a team – assist your team and, seek their assistance to ensure all available resources are utilised to maximise service levels and subsequent efficiencies with entry to Members, Public Enclosures and Car Parks throughout the venue.
- Be firm but polite when administering Clubs policies relating to dress standards, ticketing, and relevant enclosure entry conditions.
- Ensure all ticketing is current and correct in accordance with conditions of entry.
Desired Skills and Experience
In order to be successful in this position you will possess exceptional customer service and team work skills as well as have a high level of personal impact. You will also have the ability to show initiative as well as the ability to provide directions in a friendly, clear and helpful manner. Experience in traffic management or working in car parks a bonus. You must also be available to work all 4 days of Carnival which include:
- AAMI Victoria Derby Day(Saturday 31 October 2015)
- Emirates Melbourne Cup Day(Tuesday 3 November 2015)
- Crown Oaks Day (Thursday 5November 2015)
- Emirates Stakes Day (Saturday 7November 2015)
Please apply here.